A comprehensive AS and A-level History text on Europe in the late eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Includes historical interpretations, document source questions, explanation of difficult words and concepts and a study skills section for exam preparation.
Synoptic Chapter 1760-1871
1. Enlightened Despotism: A Comparative Study of Frederick the Great, Joseph II and Catherine the Great
2. The causes of the French revolution
3. The French Revolution 1789-99
4. Europe in the Age of the French Revolution 1789-99
5. Napoleon and Europe
6. International Relations from the Congress of Vienna to 1848
7. France 1815-1848
8. The German Confederation and Austria 1815-1848
9. Italy 1815-184
10. Russia 1801-1871
11. The Revolutions of 1848-9
12. France: Republic and Empire 1848-1870
13. The Unification of Italy
14. The Unification of Germany
Table of contents
Enlightened despotism - a comparative study of Frederick the Great, Joseph II and Catherine the Great; the causes of the French revolution; the French revolution 1789-99; Europe in the age of the French Revolution 1789-99; Napoleon and Europe; international relations from the Congress of Vienna to 1848; France 1815-1848.