Now in its fifth edition, Research Methods for Leisure and Tourism has become the ultimate reference text for both students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and practising managers.
This book combines comprehensive coverage of a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods with step-by step guidance through research software including Excel, SPSS and NVivo.
- Coverage of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, ensuring a balanced approach to data collection and analysis
- Practical guidance on conducting research and writing reports, showing the ‘how’ as well as the ‘what’
- Detailed coverage of the development of conceptual frameworks for research, research design, analytical methods and the composition of research reports, providing everything required to conduct a research project
- International case studies and extensive examples from the leisure and tourism literature
- Questions, exercises and further reading for each chapter
- Extensive web-based support materials
New to this edition
- The fifth edition has been fully updated throughout and includes additional material on:
- Management and policy-related research methods
- EndNote bibliographic referencing software
- Notes on additional methods including: big data, discourse analysis, multiple correspondence analysis, netnography/web-based research, people meters
- For the analysis of quantitative data, SPSS is updated to version 23
- For qualitative data analysis, the guide to NVivo software is updated to version 11.
Research Methods for Leisure and Tourism