For courses in Social Psychology
Make research relevant through a storytelling approach.
Social Psychology introduces the key concepts of the field through an acclaimed storytelling approach that makes research relevant to students. Drawing upon their extensive experience as researchers and teachers, Elliot Aronson, Tim Wilson, Robin Akert, and new co-author Sam Sommers present the classic studies that have driven the discipline alongside the cutting-edge research that is the future of social psychology.
MyLabTM Psychology not included. Students, if MyLab is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. MyLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson rep for more information.
MyLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to personalize learning and improve results. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
Social Psychology, Global Edition
1. Introducing Social Psychology
2. Methodology: How Social Psychologists Do Research
3. Social Cognition: How We Think About the Social World
4. Social Perception: How We Come to Understand Other People
5. The Self: Understanding Ourselves in a Social Context
6. The Need to Justify Our Actions: The Costs and Benefits of Dissonance Reduction
7. Attitudes and Attitude Change: Influencing Thoughts and Feelings
8. Conformity: Influencing Behavior
9. Group Processes: Influence in Social Groups
10. Interpersonal Attraction: From First Impressions to Close Relationships
11. Prosocial Behavior: Why Do People Help?
12. Aggression: Why Do We Hurt Other People? Can We Prevent It?
13. Prejudice: Causes, Consequences, and Cures
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY IN ACTION 1 - Making a Difference with Social Psychology: Attaining a Sustainable Future
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY IN ACTION 2 - Social Psychology and Health
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY IN ACTION 3 - Social Psychology and the Law