|Readership level||College/higher education|
|Categories||Personnel & human resources management|
For undergraduate courses in human resource management.
This package includes Pearson MyLab.
Real-world examples, supported by theory
For students to succeed in a rapidly changing HR job market, knowledge of career options and skill development is key. Human Resource Management provides students with examples of how HR management is practiced in the real world and the relationships between various HR topics are interwoven throughout the text, giving a thorough introduction to the field based on sound theoretical concepts and practice.
Reach every student by pairing this text with MyLab Management
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Human Resource Management plus Pearson MyLab Management with Pearson eText, Global Edition
PART I: SETTING THE STAGE
1. Human Resource Management: An Overview
2. Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Sustainability
3. Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Workforce Diversity
PART II: STAFFING
4. Strategic Planning, Human Resource Planning, and Job Analysis
PART III: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING
7. Performance Management and Appraisal
8. Training and Development
PART IV: COMPENSATION
9. Direct Financial Compensation (Monetary Compensation)
10. Indirect Financial Compensation (Employee Benefits)
PART V: LABOR RELATIONS, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS, SAFETY, AND HEALTH
11. Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining
12. Internal Employee Relations
13. Employee Safety, Health, and Wellness
PART VI: OPERATING IN A GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
14. Global Human Resource Management