|Readership level||Professional and scholarly|
|Categories||Primary & middle schools, Teaching of a specific subject, Educational: Mathematics & numeracy|
Thistitle is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has workedclosely with educators around the world to include content which is especiallyrelevant to students outside the United States.
This package includes MyLab.
Guide teachers to help all PreK-8 learnersmake sense of mathematics
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics:Teaching Developmentally illustrateshow children learn mathematics, and then shows pre-service teachers the mosteffective methods of teaching PreK-8 math through hands-on, problem-basedactivities.
As teacher candidates engage with theactivities, they boost their own knowledge of the math and learn concrete,developmentally appropriate ways to incorporate problem-based tasks in theirclassrooms. Examples of real student work and new common challenges andmisconception tables allow readers to visualize good mathematicsinstruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. Animportant reference to consult throughout a teaching career, this book reflectsthe Common Core State Standards and NCTMâ??s Principles to Actions, as well ascurrent research and coverage of the latest teaching technology.
Reach everystudent with Pearson MyLab Education
MyLabÂ? empowers you to reach every student. This flexibledigital platform combines unrivaled content, online assessments, andcustomizable features so you can personalize learning and improve results, onestudent at a time.
SECTION I: TEACHING MATHEMATICS: FOUNDATIONSAND PERSPECTIVES
1. Teaching Mathematics in the 21st Centuryâ?
2. Exploring What It Means to Know and DoMathematicsâ?
3. Teaching through Problem Solvingâ?
4. Planning in the Problem-Based Classroomâ?
5. Creating Assessments for Learningâ?
6. Teaching Mathematics Equitably to AllStudents
SECTION II: DEVELOPMENT OF MATHEMATICALCONCEPTS AND PROCEDURES
7. Developing Early Number Concepts and NumberSenseâ?
8. Developing Meanings for the Operationsâ?
9. Developing Basic Fact Fluencyâ?
10. Developing Whole-Number Place-ValueConcepts
11. Developing Strategies for Addition andSubtraction Computationâ?
12. Developing Strategies for Multiplicationand Division Computationâ?
13. Algebraic Thinking, Equations, andFunctions
14. Developing Fraction Concepts
15. Developing Fraction Operations