This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
Give students a robust conceptual foundation while building critical problem-solving skills
Robinson/McMurry/Fay's Chemistry, known for a concise and united author voice, conceptual focus, extensive worked examples, and thoroughly constructed connections between organic, biological, and general chemistry, highlights the application of chemistry to students' lives and careers. Lead author Jill Robinson strengthens the student orientation by creating more engaging, active learning opportunities for students and faculty.
With the 8th Edition, Robinson draws upon her exceptional teaching skills to provide new interactive experiences that help identify and address students' preconceptions. Robinson complements active engagement in the text with a new media program that increases student awareness of their learning process via Pearson MasteringChemistry and the Pearson eText, allowing instructors to choose the level of interactivity appropriate for their classroom. Interactive experiences include activities that guide students in how to actively read a science text and address common preconceptions, giving students opportunities to cultivate and practice problem-solving skills.
Pearson MasteringChemistry is not included. Students, if Pearson MasteringChemistry is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN. Pearson MasteringChemistry should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Chemistry
Mastering (TM) is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Chemistry, Global Edition
1. Chemical Tools: Experimentation and Measurement
2. Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
3. Mass Relationships in Chemical Reactions
4. Reactions in Aqueous Solution
5. Periodicity and the Electronic Structure of Atoms
6. Ionic Compounds: Periodic Trends and Bonding Theory
7. Covalent Bonding and Electron-Dot Structures
8. Covalent Compounds: Bonding Theories and Molecular Structure
9. Thermochemistry: Chemical Energy
10. Gases: Their Properties and Behavior
11. Liquids and Phase Changes
12. Solids and Solid-State Materials
13. Solutions and Their Properties
14. Chemical Kinetics
15. Chemical Equilibrium
16. Aqueous Equilibria: Acids and Bases
17. Applications of Aqueous Equilibria
18. Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and Spontaneity
20. Nuclear Chemistry
21. Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry
22. The Main-Group Elements
23. Organic and Biological Chemistry