The eighth edition of this lively introduction places social psychology in a contemporary, real-world context and explores new, cutting-edge research as well as bringing classic theories to life. Thoroughly revised to enhance accessibility, and updated to include over 250 new references, this trusted, market-leading, cutting edged textbook remains as comprehensive as ever.
* In-depth scientific coverage of social psychological theory and research
* Combines UK, European and North American perspectives effectively to provide coverage with a unique global take
* Updated and expanded coverage of morality, affect and emotion, rumour and gossip, trust and leadership, social media-based communication, multiculturalism, radicalization, deviance, and sexual minorities
* Thoroughly revised and rewritten chapters and sections on aggression, prosocial behaviour, close relationships, and attitude-behaviour relations particularly in the context of health
8th edition includes a range of pedagogically developed features to aid independent study:
* Research Classic and Research highlight sections focus on either seminal or contemporary areas of research to help you to refine your understanding of these key areas.
* Your Life sections explore everyday social psychological and encourage you to apply the ideas within your own life.
* Our World boxes consider examples of social psychology or social issues within the wider world to help you gain a deeper and applied understanding of concepts and issues.
* A range of photos, reflective questions and the film/literature and TV section in each chapter further help to bring alive this fascinating subject for everyone. This is a comprehensive guide to the fast-moving world of social psychology, using daily examples and up to date research to illustrate key issues. I'm delighted to say the reader remains the focus in this updated edition. It is well-organised, informative and engaging.
Dr Ashley Weinberg, University of Salford
"This updated text provides an elegant and easy-to-read tour of the basic ideas that are being tested as explanations of diverse social psychological processes. With its vast range of references, this edition enables students to both cognitively and emotionally engage with the ideas and evidence."
Professor Greg Maio, University of Bath