|Poziom zaawansowania||Dla profesjonalistów, specjalistów i badaczy naukowych|
|Kategorie||Szkoły podstawowe i gimnazja, Uczenie poszczególnych przedmiotów, Edukacja: Matematyka i liczby|
This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
This package includes Pearson Pearson MyLab Education.
Guide teachers to help all PreK-8 learners make sense of mathematics
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally illustrates how children learn mathematics, and then shows pre-service teachers the most effective methods of teaching PreK-8 math through hands-on, problem-based activities.
As teacher candidates engage with the activities, they boost their own knowledge of the math and learn concrete, developmentally appropriate ways to incorporate problem-based tasks in their classrooms. Examples of real student work and new common challenges and misconception tables allow readers to visualize good mathematics instruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. An important reference to consult throughout a teaching career, this book reflects the Common Core State Standards and NCTMâ??s Principles to Actions, as well as current research and coverage of the latest teaching technology.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Pearson Pearson MyLab Education
MyLabâ?˘ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Pearson MyLab Education should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Please be sure you have the correct ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, plus Pearson MyLab Programming with Pearson eText, Global Edition
Section I: Teaching Mathematics: Foundations and Perspectives
1. Teaching Mathematics in the 21st Centuryâ?
2. Exploring What It Means to Know and Do Mathematicsâ?
3. Teaching through Problem Solvingâ?
4. Planning in the Problem-Based Classroomâ?
5. Creating Assessments for Learningâ?
6. Teaching Mathematics Equitably to All Studentsâ?
Section II: Development of Mathematical Concepts and Procedures
7. Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Senseâ?
8. Developing Meanings for the Operationsâ?
9. Developing Basic Fact Fluencyâ?
10. Developing Whole-Number Place-Value Concepts
11. Developing Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Computationâ?
12. Developing Strategies for Multiplication and Division Computationâ?
13. Algebraic Thinking, Equations, and Functions
14. Developing Fraction Concepts
15. Developing Fraction Operations
16. Developing Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation â?
17. Ratios, Proportions, and Proportional Reasoning
18. Developing Measurement Conceptsâ?
19. Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts
20. Developing Concepts of Data Analysisâ?
21. Exploring Concepts of Probabilityâ?
22. Developing Concepts of Exponents, Integers, and Real Numbersâ?
Appendix A. Standards for Mathematical Practice A-1
Appendix B. NCTM Mathematics Teaching Practices: from Principles to Actions A-5
Appendix C. Guide to Blackline Masters A-7
Appendix D. Activities at a Glance A-13