222.00 PLN (z VAT)
$59.48 / €48.89 / £43.57 /
Produkt na zamówienie
Dostawa 14 dni
Depend on SHP's comprehensive and best-selling core texts to enrich your understanding of A Level History.
SHP Advanced History Core Texts are the Schools History Project's acclaimed books for A level History.
- clear and penetrating narrative - comprehensively explaining the content required for examination success
- thought provoking and relevant activities that explore the content and help students think analytically about the subject
- thorough exam preparation through carefully designed tasks that address the distinctive requirements of A Level history including guidance in essay writing and source-based investigations.
- a wide range of revision strategies including structured content summaries
Additional features include:
- A focus route pathway for independent learners
- Learning Trouble Spots - which address common misunderstandings
- diagrammatic summaries of key areas of content and historical issues
- accessible summaries of recent historical debates.
- active learning approaches, including decision-making exercises
Russia under Tsarism and Communism 1881-1953
this title is a comprehensive core text on Russian history from 1881 to the death of Stalin. It is a second edition of the bestselling Communist Russia under Lenin and Stalin. This second edition is extended to cover the Tsarist pre-revolutionary period.
Major themes include
- the nature of Tsarist rule in Russia and the causes and consequences of the 1905 revolution;
- the causes and consequences of the Russian Revolution in 1917;
- the nature, the achievements and failures of Lenin's and Stalin's Communist regimes;
- the ongoing historiographical debate about this period and the current reinterpretations of it.
Other improvements for this second edition include more streamlined coverage of Stalin's foreign policy.
Russia under Tsarism and Communism 1881-1953 Second Edition
: SECTION 1: WHY DID THE TSARIST REGIME COLLAPSE IN 1917?
1.: What were the challenges facing the tsarist regime at the end of the nineteenth century?
3.: Could Tsarism have survived? 1906-1917
: SECTION 2: WHY WERE THE BOLSHEVIKS SUCCESSFUL IN OCTOBER 1917?
4.: Was the Provisional Government doomed from the beginning?
5.: Was the Bolshevik seizure of power in October 1917 inevitable?
: SECTION 3: THE CONSOLIDATION OF THE BOLSHEVIK STATE 1917-24
6.: How did the Bolsheviks survive the first few months in power?
7.: How did the Bolsheviks win the Civil War?
8.: How was the Bolshevik state consolidated between 1921 and 1924?
: SECTION 4: FROM LENIN TO STALIN
9.: How significant is Lenin's contribution to history?
10.: How did Stalin emerge as the sole leader of Russia?
: SECTION 5: HOW DID STALIN TRANSFORM THE ECONOMY OF THE USSR IN THE 1930S?
11.: Why did Stalin make the Great Turn?
12.: Was collectivisation a success?
13.: How well planned were the Five-Year Plans?
: SECTION 6: HOW DID STALIN CONTROL THE USSR?
14.: How far was Stalin responsible for the Great Terror?
15.: The cult of the personality
: SECTION 7: SOVIET SOCIETY IN THE 1920S AND 1930S
16.: Were Soviet culture and society transformed by the October Revolution?
17.: Culture and society in a decade of turmoil
: SECTION 8: FROM PARIAH TO SAVIOUR: THE SOVIET UNION AND EUROPE 1921-1945
18.: Alone in a hostile world: how did Soviet foreign policy develop between 1921 and 1941?
19.: How was the Soviet Union able to turn disaster into victory in the Great Patriotic War?
: SECTION 9: STALIN'S FINAL YEARS AND CONCLUSION
20.: Stalin's final years 1945-53