Practical guide on Unity game scripting using C#, backed with practice tests, exam tips, and easy-to-follow examples to help you better prepare for the Unity certification exam
* Complete exam guide filled with mock tests, exam tips, and self-assessment questions to help you pass the exam
* Learn the essentials of game scripting with Unity and C# for customizing every aspect of your game
* Overcome challenges in Unity game development using effective techniques and easy solutions
Unity Certified Programmer is a global certification program by Unity. If you want to be a professional Unity developer want to be a Unity Developer it is recommended to take the Official Unity Programmer Exam. The exam will help reassure, not only yourself but, current and future employers that you have been officially accepted by Unity and that you understand the fundamentals of Unity programming.
This study guide will start with building on your understanding of C# programming to take you through the process of downloading and installing Unity, and understanding how Unity works and prepare you before the exam. The book will educate, challenge and test you through the chapters and build up your experience to a highly-skilled level with Unity. You will not only go through the core objectives of the Unity exam but also have some fun on the way by creating a side-scrolling spaceship game that can be played within the Unity Editor and also on a recent Android mobile device.
Even if you aren't taking the official Unity Programmer Exam and you complete this book, you will come away with a SOLID understanding of creating your own Unity application, and making use of Unity's own tools such as the Animator, Particle Effects, Lighting, UI/UX, Scriptable Objects, debugging and plenty more to go towards your own Unity projects.
What you will learn
* Learn techniques for writing modular, readable, and reusable scripts in Unity
* Implement and configure objects, physics, controls, and movements for your game projects
* Understand 2D/3D animation and write scripts that interact with Unity's Rendering API
* Explore Unity APIs for adding lighting, materials, texture, and shaders to your apps
* Write Unity scripts for building interfaces for such as menu systems, UI navigation, and application settings
* Deep dive into SOLID principles for writing clean and maintainable Unity applications
Who This Book Is For
The book is intended for game developers/programmers, software developers, mobile app developers and any Unity developer who wants to step-up in their career in the game industry and related fields. The book assumes basic knowledge of C# programming and Unity Engine.
Unity Certified Programmer Study Guide: Become a professional Unity programmer by learning expert game scripting with Unity and C#