Cambridge University Press is one of the largest and most prestigious academic publishers in the world and we are widely respected as a world leader in publishing for subjects as diverse as astronomy, Shakespeare studies, economics, mathematics and politics.
Cambridge University Press has made more than 12,000 books, primarily recently published works, available through Cambridge Books Online. The Press is undergoing a thorough review of rights and will be adding thousands more books from our backlist, as well as most forward-going academic books, to the platform.
- Thousands of front & backlist titles
- Dynamic content and feature set, with frequent addition of new titles being and regular functionality enhancements
- Titles from across all Cambridge world renowned subject areas
- Flexible purchase plans and custom packages
- Powerful quick search, advanced search and browse capabilities
- Comprehensive library support tools including downloadable MARC records, usage reports and access & authentication methods
- Compliance with all major industry standards and initiatives
- Extensive user functionality including hyperlinked references & personalisation features
- Dedicated customer support teams
- Enhanced discoverability tools
- Remote user access/Athens/Shibboleth available 24 hours a day.
- Built in 20% discount with 'Complete' subject collections.
- All our usage statistics are COUNTER compliant.
E-books on Cambridge Books Online are available to libraries worldwide under a number of attractive and flexible models, ensuring instant access to the best research available:
- Predefined Collections : for easy collection development, there are hundreds of Predefined Collections in leading subject areas, series and publication years, selected by Cambridge team of editorial experts;
- Bespoke Collections: for those who prefer increased flexibility, there is an opportunity to build Bespoke Collections by ordering a minimum of 25 titles to qualify for the discount.
- purchase of individual ebooks - adding to the collection of minimum 25 ebooks;
All collections, whether Predifined or Bespoke, are available to purchase on a perpetual access basis with a small annual access and maintenance fee payable from year 2 (around 200 GBP).
Pricing is based on institution size and type. Please contact us for a quote.
Cambridge Books Online offers content in many fields of contemporary scholarship, including world-renowned books in science, technology and medicine, as well as the humanities and social sciences.
New titles are added each month. The predefined subject collections include:
- Humanities(3,335 titles)
- Art (40)
- Classical Studies (458)
- Drama and Theater (72)
- Film, Media and Mass Communication (94)
- Language and Linguistics (415)
- Literature (993)
- Music (151)
- Philosophy (941)
- Religion (679)
- Social Sciences (5,413 titles)
- Anthropology (243)
- Archaeology (87)
- Economics (904)
- Education (11)
- Geography (59)
- Law (789)
- History (1,821)
- Management (152)
- Politics and International Relations (1,782)
- Psychology (451)
- Sociology (648)
- Science and Engineering(3,064 titles)
- Astronomy (220)
- Chemistry (75)
- Computer Science (276)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (328)
- Engineering (448)
- General Science (91)
- Life Sciences (766)
- Mathematics (940)
- Physics (544)
- Special Collections
- Middle Eastern Studies (153)
- Medieval Studies (201)
- Asian Studies (333)
- African Studies (158)
- Latin American Studies (139)
- Environmental Studies (197)
- Medicine (809 titles)
- Cambridge Library Collection (1037 titles)
ABE-IPS is the official representative of the Publisher in Poland. We would be happy to present Cambridge Books Online to you in person, schedule a training for your end users, or arrange for a trial access. Please contact our representative for more information.