Depend on SHP's comprehensive and best-selling core texts to enrich your understanding of A Level History.
SHP Advanced History Core Texts are the Schools History Project's acclaimed books for A level History.
- clear and penetrating narrative - comprehensively explaining the content required for examination success
- thought provoking and relevant activities that explore the content and help students think analytically about the subject
- thorough exam preparation through carefully designed tasks that address the distinctive requirements of A Level history including guidance in essay writing and source-based investigations.
- a wide range of revision strategies including structured content summaries
Additional features include:
- A focus route pathway for independent learners
- Learning Trouble Spots - which address common misunderstandings
- diagrammatic summaries of key areas of content and historical issues
- accessible summaries of recent historical debates.
- active learning approaches, including decision-making exercises
Russia under Tsarism and Communism 1881-1953
this title is a comprehensive core text on Russian history from 1881 to the death of Stalin. It is a second edition of the bestselling Communist Russia under Lenin and Stalin. This second edition is extended to cover the Tsarist pre-revolutionary period.
Major themes include
- the nature of Tsarist rule in Russia and the causes and consequences of the 1905 revolution;
- the causes and consequences of the Russian Revolution in 1917;
- the nature, the achievements and failures of Lenin's and Stalin's Communist regimes;
- the ongoing historiographical debate about this period and the current reinterpretations of it.
Other improvements for this second edition include more streamlined coverage of Stalin's foreign policy. Review of the first edition:
'This is a great book. You might have read Ron Grant's review of Hite and Hinton's Weimar and Nazi Germany in the same series. This is written at the same cracking standard.' * Andrew Hunt, Scottish Association of History, Resources Review *
Russia Under Tsarism and Communism 1881-1953