During this unprecedented time, we at SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) want to send our very best wishes to the institutional librarians in our community and everyone in your networks. Our staff are at home and working hard to continue the high level of support we provide.
To keep librarians informed, I’m sharing key steps SIAM has taken in response to the COVID-19 epidemic that may be of interest to you –
1) FREE Content:
• The SIAM Epidemiology Collection, focused on disease modeling, pandemics, and vaccines, is freely available to all for one year: https://epubs.siam.org/page/EpidemiologyCollection. Please share this important resource with your researchers and students
• SIAM Journal on Mathematics of Data Science (epubs.siam.org/simods) continues to be freely available this year during its introductory launch period
2) Remote access options available – we offer unlimited simultaneous users via VPN or proxy; other remote access options include Shibboleth, access tokens and Google Scholar’s CASA (Campus Activated Subscriber Access). If you have any remote access needs, please contact us at [email protected] and we will work with you
3) Grace period for renewals extended to end of May 2020 to help maintain seamless access for your library patrons. However, please do process your SIAM renewal as soon as possible. As a nonprofit society, this period is proving particularly challenging for SIAM and we hope we can rely on the support of our institutional librarians during this time
4) Latest SIAM updates available at go.siam.org/COVID19, particularly around conference cancellations/postponements